IT DE

Main information:

Imperial Castle of Nuremberg

St Margaret’s Chapel

 

Picture: St Margaret’s Chapel

The lower part of the double chapel, the St Margaret’s Chapel, which looks compressed and sombre by comparison with the Imperial Chapel, can only be entered through a portal from the bailey and is not connected to the latter by stairs. In 1216, which was probably the year the double chapel was completed, Emperor Friedrich II (1194-1250) allocated the St Margaret’s Chapel to the Teutonic Order.

Although St Margaret’s Chapel is not accessible, visitors to the castle can look down into it from the Imperial Chapel.

| top |